(This article was edited and updated on April 8, 2012)
Want to join us? Read the rules! (Instructions are at the end.)
1. All patrons in good standing are entitled to free drinks.
2. If you're not standing too good, you've had too many.
Open Letter from Assata Shakur
Assata Shakur: Understanding the politics behind the FBI’s new attack
Ever wonder what it would be like if we had the same sort of winner-take-all system in music as we do in elections?
You'd be able to select the music you wanted, but the only music you'd be allowed to listen to would be whichever music the big corporations had spent the most money promoting.
Today, while at the organic food cooperative where I do most of my shopping, I ran into one of their founders, a dear man, a good man, and a man I've known for many years and happen to like. He and his wife, the co-op's general manager, helped take the co-op from a hippie storefront thirty years ago, to the multi-million dollar business it is today.
First I'm going to copy the latest articles by Ace Hoffman about restarting the San Onofre nuclear power plant, and then I'm going to explain why the problem is not the regulators or those who appointed them, but those who vote to grant them the power to kill us all:
Beatrice Munyenyezi is a Rwandan woman who survived the genocides in both Rwanda (1991-1995) and Congo (1994-1998), both of which were facilitated by Paul Kagame and the U.S.
The Anti-Empire Report #114
By William Blum – Published March 11th, 2013
I once wrote about Chilean president Salvador Allende:
In the last part of this issue of Veritas Vampirus, Mark S. Tucker asks a very significant question.
I'd posted what purported to be Dorner's manifesto on Fubar, but I've since deleted it as it turns out to be at least partly faked.
[There are videos and music that accompany these messages, but since I'm on dial-up I cannot watch or listen to them, no less repost them here. But I have included the links and given the link to the source from which I copied each message, so if you have broadband, you can find them there. --Mark]
- 1998 Letter from Exile in Cuba - by Assata Shakur
- White Slaughter in Black Africa: Genocide and Denialism - by keith harmon snow
- Assata Shakur: Understanding the politics behind the FBI's new attack - by Eugene Puryear
- If Music Was Like Elections - by Mark E. Smith
- Voting Against Values - by Mark E. Smith
- Venezuelan April Fools Joke
- Voting to Die - by Mark E. Smith
- Where did the 11 million missing voters go? - by Mark S. Tucker
- A Jury of Her Peers? The U.S. Re-trial of Beatrice Munyenyezi - by keith harmon snow
- Chavez, Iraq, Manning, BP and more - by Bill Blum
- Thinking About Chris Dorner - by Mark E. Smith
- What If Nobody Showed Up To Vote? by CTraffik - (music video)
- Recent Zapatista Communiques - by Subcomandante Marcos
- It Has Happened Here in America: The Police State is Real - by Dr. Paul Craig Roberts
- How Obama Is Reversing the Civil Rights Movement - by Mark E. Smith
- For Zapatistas and Supporters - (some recent messages)
- Egypt’s Constitutional Referendum: Did President Morsi Hijack Democracy? - by Mahdi Darius Nazemroaya
- Lynne Stewart: As Fucked Up As It Gets - by Mark E. Smith
- Anarchy Is Not Chaos, Peace Is Not Chaos - by Mark E. Smith
- A Penny for Your Thoughts--Six Billion for Your Vote - by Deborra Ann Low