(This article was edited and updated on April 8, 2012)
Want to join us? Read the rules! (Instructions are at the end.)
1. All patrons in good standing are entitled to free drinks.
2. If you're not standing too good, you've had too many.
Sometimes in the evening I'll be sitting in my apartment reading a book by the light of a little headlamp I'm wearing, while I turn the crank on another one just like it so it will be charged when the first one starts to dim.
A friend who lives in Venezuela just emailed me two articles by Matt Taibbi.
The more recent article:
The Vampire Squid Strikes Again: The Mega Banks' Most Devious Scam Yet, Rolling Stone, February 12, 2014
THE BARE NAKED FACE OF CAPITALISM:
I dreamed that the November 2014 elections were different from any elections I'd experienced in my 73 years as a US citizen.
FAI Strikes Again: Incendiary Device at “Life Sciences” Office - Informal Anarchist Federation (F.A.I) Insurgents: Bristol NorthSubmitted by folkie on 12 January 2014 - 7:04am
“We think that anyone serious about confronting domination as it stands today will sooner or later come to the questions of science and technology. It’s clear how both have an increasingly vital role to the ruling order by creating, managing and spreading control within society and over the rest of an earth we’re falsely separated from.
If you still trust the US government and believe that capitalism is the best system in the world, you need read no further, as all I can offer you are my condolences.
Otherwise, here is what you need to know and to act upon immediately:
Most medical research cannot be trusted.
The Future of Planet Earth. Are We the Last Surviving Generations?
The Post-Mortem Assassination of Freedom Fighter and Revolutionary Prisoner Nelson Mandela - by Sean SwainSubmitted by folkie on 12 December 2013 - 12:27am
This past week, Nelson Mandela died at the age of 95. The vast amount of reportage about his life and achievements has already begun that necessary and inevitable revision, cleansing the record of everything that might make us a little uncomfortable, leaving behind the Walt-Disney-singing-animal-musical-cartoon-version of Nelson Mandela and the world.
- The Counterrevolutionary Constitution - by Mark E. Smith
- Cranky Old Luddite - by Mark E. Smith
- A Fifty Inch Flatscreen and a Fukushima Brewski - by Mark E. Smith
- Smoking Helps Protect Against Lung Cancer - by Joe Vialls
- Foreign Mining, State Corruption, & Genocide in Mongolia - by keith harmon snow
- You've Got to Stop Voting - by Mark E. Smith
- I Had A Dream -- by Mark E. Smith
- FAI Strikes Again: Incendiary Device at “Life Sciences” Office - Informal Anarchist Federation (F.A.I) Insurgents: Bristol North
- Improvised Explosive Devices....and Inaccurate Euphemistic Deceptions - by Sean Swain
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Profile of a Racist Zionist State - by Stephen Lendman
- On Morality - by Sean Swain
- The Future of Planet Earth. Are We the Last Surviving Generations? -by Dr. Rosalie Bertell
- A Preface to Thinking About Thinking - by Mark S. Tucker
- The Post-Mortem Assassination of Freedom Fighter and Revolutionary Prisoner Nelson Mandela - by Sean Swain
- The Hate Crime of the Century: Israel and JFK - by Mark E. Smith
- Israel — Just Another Hapless British Colony - by John Kozy
- On Fascism: One Anarchist’s Response to CrimethInc’s Podcast #11 - by Sean Swain
- Goudlock's War - by Sean Swain
- Rewind 3 - by Subcomandante Marcos